Just under a month ago the lovely Jenise behind the beautiful blog a toddler and a topknot nominated me for the Liebster Award. Even though I had no clue what it was I was thrilled! I had been loving a toddler and a topknot and found it really inspirational, so felt honoured that Jenise had actually noticed mine!! I obviously found out what it was straight away and turns out it’s exactly what blogs like my own need; a way to discover and connect to other new blogs whilst promoting your own! Thank you so much Jenise!!
Liebster Award 2016 Rules
These aren’t so much rules but rather guidelines to keep this chain of awards going when you decide to accept the award.
- Write a blogpost about your nomination, displaying an image of the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked you in his/her blogpost.
- Nominate 5-11 other starting bloggers who you think deserve this award, and come up with 11 questions of your own for them to answer.
- List these rules in your blogpost.
Here are the 11 questions Jenise asked me….
- What is your favourite season and why do you love it so much? It’s got to be fall, I love the summer sun so much but you just can’t beat fall fashion and the excitement of buying a new coat and winter boots! And of course cosy nights in…red wine and a takeaway all day long thank you very much!
- Before becoming a blogger, what is/was your career/profession/day job? I am currently on maternity leave from my full-time job overseeing photographic studios for an online luxury retailer. I absolutely LOVE my job!! Almost as much as my new job!
- What do you hope people will take away from reading your blog? I just want to make people laugh, I hope people will find it fun and lighten the mood of everyday parenting and remind us all that whatever it is (usually something to do with sleeping/teething/pooing) it will be ok in the end!! The ultimate goal is for people to find it inspirational, that would be incredible.
- If money were no object, where would you go on vacation? I LOVE LOVE LOVE Vegas, I used to go every year with the girls, my husband has also been and loves it but we’ve never been together! I think we may be waiting a while for this to happen now we have Beau! I also don’t think we could be trusted the two of us together, we have been known to get slightly overexcited….pair of nutcases.
- Everyone has a support system they turn to when things get hairy – who makes up your support system? Mr H is my number one, he’s my best friend and the one I would go to with anything, loves every scary bit of me and allows me to be exactly who I want and need to be without question. We are incredibly lucky to have both sets of parents very close by and they obviously all adore Beau. I also have an amazing group of friends, all offer something different and I love every single one of them! And then there’s my sister, other than Mr H she is my rock, she is the most wonderful Auntie to Beau and he is completely in love with her. I think that’s enough of the gushing, making myself feel sick.
- If you were an animal, which animal would you be? Why? A monkey, because Beau loves them and he was born in the year of the monkey, and they’re cheeky and cuddly and fun, which sums up our family perfectly!
- Pregnancy is one of those polarizing things – many women love their pregnancy days and others hated being pregnant. Which way do you lean and why? LOVED IT! I was so lucky to have an amazing pregnancy and birth and I tried to enjoy every single part of it, I miss being pregnant and I miss my bump so much!! It felt so special growing him inside me and protecting him every single day, I really believe that time was laying the foundations for the mum I am becoming. Would do it all again tomorrow.
- What is the hardest part about blogging? I have found it quite intimidating at times and have had to really encourage myself to find the confidence to put yourself out there and try not to over think things! Is that funny? will people like that? do I sound like an idiot? etc.
- How long have you been blogging? Just a month!
- What items can you not leave the house without? Beau’s milk…fuck my life without it!
- What is your go-to meal when you don’t feel like cooking or preparing food? Sushi! There is an amazing place conveniently located on Mr H’s way home from work…too convenient sometimes!
And here are the 11 random facts about myself….
- I’m obsessed with pineapples
- I wish I was a tv presenter
- I married my husband after 18 months of meeting him!
- I’ll spray paint pretty much anything and everything
- I was a hardcore Take That fan in my school years
- I’ve had a perm
- I love party planning
- Paris is my favourite city
- I used to be Virgin cabin crew
- I NEED a YSL bag
- My nails are always painted, ALWAYS.
These are the blogs I have nominated for the award,
- Anna at Honest Anna
- Michelle Anna at Michelle Anna Loves
- Mum but still me
- Mum Worthy
- Stacey at Stacey Louise White
- Krysta at Do you have a jungle princess?
And the 11 questions for the amazing blogs I have nominated…
- Who’s your number one style icon?
- Is there anything you said you’d never do as a parent but now you do?
- If you could pick only ONE beauty product to use forever what would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite restaurant ever?
- What is your favourite piece of clothing that you will NEVER throw out?
- What’s your favourite time of day?
- What’s been the most emotional part of your journey as a parent so far?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Other than your own mama who inspires you as a mother?
- If one person in the public eye could read your blog who would it be?
- If you could have any job in the world what would it be and why?
So off you pop and check out these fab blogs! x